Hi There! This blog will no longer have any new post or activities. Please click here to go to my NEW blog, as I've depleted all the memory on this one. I hope to see you there! I will, however, continue to keep this blog up, as there are tons of ideas and tutorials that you may want to search through. When you are done searching here, please head on over to my new blog and visit me there. Aloha, Teri

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

SU Regionals in Hawaii!

What a weekend! So much excitement with the SU Regionals in Hawaii at the Hawaii Convention Center! We were all looking forward to this wonderful event with the anticipation of swapping cards and gifts, learning business builders, watching cool demonstrations and seeing all of our friends! I was on a high and thoroughly enjoyed myself! I made these clipboards with matching pens for my downline girls and some of my friends. Got these cute mini clipboards from my friend, Melita (Thanks Melita! I put them to use!) Also made up some magnetic calendars for some of my friends. Can you tell what is one of my favorite stamp sets of late? Love this Cheep Talk stamp set! I got these magnetic frames from Stamps 'n Memories over in Aiea. I love the small size, just right to put on your fridge or file cabinet at work.
I took tons of photos, so I'll be selecting some to share with you over the next few days mixed in with my other projects, so you don't get bored looking only of pics from Regionals!
The tables sat 6 peeps, and we were lucky to have Jodi sit with us! (Hi Jodi!!)...Here we are with Wini, Jodi and Me...
Here's a pic of my DL girls, (front) Irene and Wini (back) Joyce and Me...
Here I am stressing out on the make 'n take projects. We debated on whether or not to bring our tool kits. Now we know, bring the tool kit. I was so lost without my cutter and scoring blade...thanks Irene for bringing yours! What a lifesaver! The highlight of my day was meeting Shelli and taking photos with her. Here's Wini and Me with Shelli.
I also wanted to take a photo with Shelli and her hubby. Now you can see how small (short!) I am...wish I had a box to stand on! haha!!

I had such a wonderful time! I will be posting more photos from Regionals soon. Sorry for the slow posting, but I am trying to get my March projects in order and special offer on ordering all of our DSP!! Stay tuned...thanks for visiting, I appreciate you!

17 comments:

Colleen said...

You made really cute projects for your DL and some of your friends. I like the set with the little birdie too.
Thanks for sharing some of the pictures from regional with us. You looked so intense working on your make and take. :) I am glad that you had a great time and got to take pictures with Shelli and and her hubby.

Unknown said...

How exciting to go to a regional and to meet Shelli too! Enjoyed seeing all of your pics and especially like the cute magnetic calendar you made!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Wish I went!! See you in a few weeks.

Jodi said...

It was loads of fun!! So glad they chose to come here again!.=)
xo
Jodi =)

~amy~ said...

tfs all the great photos!!!! You gals must have had sooo much fun!

Unknown said...

So glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your nice pictures :)

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

Love all of your projects..looks like you ladies had a great time...TFS

Joy said...

glad you all had fun...it sure looks like it! I think I would be so overwhelmed that I wouldn't be able to do my projects! I'm the type I rather do it alone at home. I rather just hang out, talk story and watch others make their stuff. I love your gifts you made to give away...they are so cute! I should start looking for things to make...so I can have a variety of things to share. oh wells...can't wait to see more!!!

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita said...

Wow, how exciting for you to meet Shelli! Looks like you had a great weekend! Your projects are awesome, those clipboards are so darn cute!

Risa said...

Wow...your projects are soooooo cute Teri! I love the clipboard & ink pen set and the calendars are the most!
Thanks for sharing the pictures...they are awsome!
hugs
Risa:)

Cheryl said...

How cute you finally made something with that clear holder you got from S&M the time we went there. Shelli and her husband must be quite tall huh.

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing your pix, Teri. Looks like you all had a great time! I just ordered that birdie set because it's so cute! And wow - Shelli and her hubby sure are tall!

Islander Girl said...

Wow! Looks like you had so much fun!!! Hmm, I wonder if we're the same height? LOL!

Elaine said...

Those are very cute little clipboards! And you are a very cute little lady! :)

Kathy said...

Hi! Thanks for this post! I am heading to SU's regional seminar Saturday in London, Ontario. I read that you wished you would have brought your tool kit and I'm wondering what is in your tool kit (besides paper cutter and scoring blade). do you have any suggestions, recommendations, words of wisdom for a newbie?? also, I really want to wear jeans (because I'm a jeans kind of girl) although the demo website states dress casual-- would I be out of place if I wore them (not ratty ones)?

thanks for any advice you have to share!
Kathy

Gina Wrona said...

Aloha Teri,

You may be short in height, but in no way are you short in your creative talents!

LOL,
Gina